Tuesday, January 27, 2015

2015.01.27

Bed-zilla is back. Turns out the risk of rolling off the box spring was too much to handle after all. The mattresses are back on the floor. C'est la vie.

MW got another critique at work yesterday. It didn't sound like anything serious - a customer complained about excessive confirmation questions, but the rules of the job dictates that MW has to ask them, so it really wasn't her fault. The manager just told her to try and be more "conversational" about it. Now MW is worried about being fired. Something else to lose sleep over.
***
The past few nights I've been doubling down on the vodka in an effort to create some of those weird dreams because even a bad vodka dream means sleep and, hey shit, I need some of that. And it was working for awhile. I had a real fucked up dream about a bird that had a badminton birdy stuck in its ass. Then there was one where I was desperately trying to make friends with a man who had an English accent. But last night I overdid it. I drank way too much and all I got was sick. Woke up shaky and haven't recovered yet. No, literally, my hands are still shaking.

Tonight I'll switch to gin. Not much. Just enough. Heh. As if I know what that is....
***
I'm still miffed at the stupid internet HD stuff. Its all so pathetically fey and pointless. Saw another Facebook page about wearing blue and purple for Huntington's Disease awareness - nothing but cheesy graphics overlayed with meaningless bromides. I've only seen one truthful blog so far - the trainwreck one - where the writer knows she has the disease and is brutally honest about it. No happy horseshit about hoping for a cure or, worse, God's mysterious plan. Hell, she even addresses suicide - #3 on the list of HD killers. She's the only one telling it like it is and, for that, has become my Huntington's hero. Unfortunately she's been pretty quite lately. One assumes the worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment