Friday, August 19, 2016

2016.08.19

Everybody at the office where MW works is crazy. They're all mentally unstable and don't know how to act around people. MW relates stories to me on a daily basis about how they talk and behave themselves - they're all on drugs! she's sure.

Tweak the following quote:

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Substitute out "asshole"; replace with....

Yesterday MW had an especially troublesome encounter. By her own admission, she was engaged in a "passionate" conversation with her boss about getting some training. And as we all know, MW talks with her hands. Anyway, during this impassioned discourse, the trainer snapped at MW: "Don't you point your finger at me!"

MW was stunned and saddened. She apologized then went off to cry.

In my mind's eye, I can see the situation very clearly. It is the chorea coming out, as it will, during moments of high emotion.

What I told MW, however, was that the trainer must have some personal problems. Probably is on drugs - most everybody is these days. She shouldn't worry about it. Still, no point working at a place like that. They sound like very unprofessional people. MW should turn in her resignation and take some time off. Maybe go back to school; or just relax. Life has been stressful lately. Time to take a break.

Yes, I want MW to quit her job. I lose control when she goes off to work - even if it is only part time hours doing fairly simple and repetitive tasks. I've long feared someone would say something to MW that would push her over - this is why I encourage her to stay away from her family - and "Don't point your finger at me!" when MW is only exhibiting typical HD behavior is too goddamned close for comfort.

But, of course, I understand that without a job, MW would have more time to sit around and think. This could also lead to trouble.

Yet another in the endless parade of lose/lose situations.

Yesterday, when MW hung up the phone, she said she was going to resign. Yay! When I got home, however, she said she couldn't do it. She doesn't want to feel like a failure.

Okay then. Moving on....

No comments:

Post a Comment