Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014.12.30

I'm this close to closing the door on one of my most vexing problems. I've finally convinced MW that she needs a sippy-cup. See, after one of her many, many spills I used the cowardly I'm-joking-but-not-really approach to suggest she needs a sippy-cup. She laughed then, surprisingly, agreed that it would make sense. After all, she's spilled enough water around the house to fill a swimming pool. The problem is finding one that
a) isn't made in China (everything made in China is poison) and
b) is the right size.
Most sippy-cups, as you can imagine, are quite small because they're for babies. *Sigh*
You may wonder why MW doesn't just use a sports bottle. Nozzle. Nozzle's too difficult to drink from.
Anyway, this gives me something proactive to do - a treasure hunt for a grown up sippy-cup made in the good ol' USA. Or Canada. Anyplace but China.

***

Happy New Year's Eve Eve! I never expected to close out 2014 in basically the exact same place it started. For one thing, the goddamn disease is degenerative so it has to be getting worse, right? Right. What's at issue, I suppose, is how slo-ooo-oow it's degenerating. I went back and re-read the older posts and the other reason I thought things would have to change before 2015 was the fact that I couldn't see myself living long the way things were going back in late 2013/early 2014.

But it's funny how you get used to bad situations. Kind of like that saying "used to worry about rich and skinny 'til I wound up poor and fat." I guess I used to worry about sane and sober 'til I wound up fucked and drunk.

I've adapted. I don't need to sleep much anymore. Outside of work, my only thought is taking care of and protecting MW from the reality of Huntington's Disease. I can barely even remember a time when I wanted anything more out of life except to just not have MW go off the rails crazy with worry.

So I raise my glass to 2015. Come on, motherfucker. Come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment